fredag, november 03, 2006

brev till KLM


To whom it may concern,

I was on a KLM flight from Stockholm to Newcastle via Amsterdam Saturday October 29 (appendix 1). I checked in one suite case, and brought a back-pack as carry on. In my suite case, I had my $2,500 Apple G4 laptop which I at first intended to have as as my carry on (inside a laptop case). However, the check-in clerk advised me to put it in my suite case since I was only allowed to bring one carry on with me on the plane.

When I got to Newcastle, my luggage had not arrived.

Instead, it arrived about 30 hours late, but without the laptop. The laptop case included my Apple Powerbook, several chargers and a memory card reader.

You have signed the Montreal Convention (ever heard of it?), which entitles me to a €1,200 compensation which is to say the least you should do for me considering the humiliation that you've put me through.

With this letter, I demand you compensate me or I will take this case to a higher level.

Sincerely, Karl Liljas

P.S. I didn't make the reservation myself, my University did. So don't try to say that I had read your rules and conditions online. On my ticket, it was perfectly clear that I would get a compensation if* you stole my laptop.

*when

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Sy!
Jag hoppas att du verkligen skickar iväg brevet till KLM. Om inte, så hjälper jag dig gärna med lite pretto legal advice (som med dina föräldrars nya kök); jag menar, det vore ju helt sjukt om du inte fick någon ersättning. En sista utväg kan vara att antingen gråta ut i någon stor dagstidning/tv-soffa eller att kontakta Sverker, men så långt skall det nog inte behöva gå. Det skall jag se till.

Kram, maddö

Anonym sa...

Som taget ur Cambridge certificate exam's kurslitt på exempel av "Letter of complaint"!

Möjligen skulle du kunna ta bort personifierande saker som "You have signed.." och skriva "KLM has signed..." etc... Så vill jag minnas att formal letters kan skrivas, samt inled med: "Dear Sir/Madam".

Men jag har bara tagit CAE, det är du som har läst en 40p (?) eng på UU.

kalliljas sa...

Johannes:
Hehe... det kan nog stamma det dar med formaliteten... Var lite upprord nar jag skrev det!

kalliljas sa...

Anonymous:
Yes, det ar redan skickat. Vi far se vad jag far for respons... Jag ska forsoka med P1 Konsument eller Plus, far se om de nappar... :/

Kram